Saturday, February 11, 2012

9

2.11.12

Finally feels like i'm getting closer.  My skill and confidence?  Strong.  Definitely can start expanding the elements and themes, too.  Digging working in greyscale.

I can feel my focus shifting 100% towards tattooing.  Scary.  Why?  Because i have a shitload of responsibilities with f/t and p/t work.  All i can think about is pulling lines and getting this whole whipshading technique down...least on paper.

Still, i am ready to make whatever sacrifices are necessary, and i feel like i have the support and sandbags to do so as well.

What u see above is a final render of my very 1st flash page.  Technically, it's not a 'flash' page, as i have never held a machine in my hand (and won't until my master says i may); so...it's a 'portfolio flash' page.  I'm not qualified to put a needle in anybody's skin whatsoever, but i'll be damned and roasted alive before i cease to do so on paper.  Must once again emphasize the 'NIB'.  This pflash wasn't done with a nib - but there's work forthcoming that is.  LOVE using it.  Sharp.  (more on that later, guaranteed.)

Overall, I'm nervous, but confident in my gut about the 25th.  Funny.  I remember the old days of standing in line in NYC and elsewhere, feeling a relative anxiety.  Know what i did when i was in line at those auditions?  Draw.  The difference between the visual and musical/performing arts for me, is that my natural talents are plum-stronger when holding a device containing ink, graphite and color.  I can sing (semi-pro), play piano (pro for a guy who doesn't read music), and acting may be my top talent in this realm - but all of em combined can't hold a candle to drawing.  I've been drawing my whole life.

...I will be a tattoo artist, and a successful father, lover, and American.  Success is determined by my own definition, and by nothing or nobody else.  If i can pay my bills, enjoy life with my family, and get my rocks off in the down time, then i will be as content as capable.

Matter of fact, i am content right now.  I struggle, but deep down i am grateful for what i have, who i am, those very important people in my life who support me, and for the gifts i was given.

...patience my friends and enemies, i will get under ur skin...


CHI.

No comments:

Post a Comment