Wednesday, February 1, 2012

7

2.2.12

...this drawing, when colored and complete, flew out the godamn window when i was taking the picture for upload!!!

...saw it float down from the 3rd floor of the tree fort into the neighbor's yard, and thought to myself as it was occurring:  "well, not meant to be, gutta redraw it."  Nice lesson:  Let it go and move on.  Find that inspiring in art, fresh.  i actually chuckled.

...u know what i'm liking MOST about this whole tattoo artist pursuit?  Is that i'm taking it as light heartedly as possible.  Yes, it's starting to PERMEATE off of me (literally), and only my closest loved ones know of my frustration in its process.  But what's cool is people BELIEVE in me, and it helps.  A lot.

I think i'm starting to ENJOY getting familiar with the CULTURE, the real deal ACTIVE happening of TATTOOING, and TATTOO ART, and TATTOO ARTISTS.  Regardless of  our issues with diversity, tattoos seem to bind us all.  ANYONE can be tattooed.  I think.

...here's my plan:  1) go back thru my work and develop 3 flash sheets, 8x10, fully hand crafted, best work possible.  2) bring them to my primary shop first, humbly ask...the shop owners.  3) if yes, ideal.  if no, back to researching artists/shops, drawing, reading on the mechanics, visiting select shops and artists for a tattoo and vibe gathering...finding one that clicks and...asking.    ...and finally? INTEGRATING INTO THE SOCIAL ASPECT of the trade, meeting, acknowledging and PROMOTING TATTOO, TATTOO ARTISTS, & TATTOO as an ART worth buying!  Why buying?  Because TATTOOS are pretty much as PERMANENT as u can get.

...did i mention it's the ASKING that's the hard part, u know...

...and so it's in digi ink, lemme mention that i went back today and scoped out JACK RUDY's work.  Outstanding, that black and grey...


...oh...why the hell doesn't HARTFORD, CT have an official CONVENTION yet???


CHI.

No comments:

Post a Comment