Friday, March 2, 2012

10

STANTON.boldroses1
3.2.12

GROWTH.

For me it comes in spurts & random order.

Surrounding myself with a sense of decay has been par for the course for as long as i can remember.  Oftentimes i think that's ok, too.  The whole "know thyself" dealio rings true, no matter how old the saying gets.  Perhaps realizing that 'old' in itself is a great thing is another positivity altogether.

Growing older.  We are ALL doing it every second of every day.  I've got this French blood running through these Irish veins, so on the outside i "look it" a bit less than i actually FEEL on the inside.

I will be 37 years old this year.  And I'm not there yet.
By 'there' I mean at a settled place.  Not rushing to get there and taking it as it comes while pushing myself where needed most.

Art will forever reflect my life, good, bad or ugly - both life and the art.

Art?  What a fucked up word.

What's art?

...still working on that one.


...and a few quotes & mantras I've thunk and remembered:

"Wear your art on your sleeve".

"Wisdom is the fruit of the fool's full labor".

"Clean & Dirty"

CHI.





No comments:

Post a Comment